I am asked this question a lot. They’re not sure if they should be in the cloud or have the desktop version, or convert to QuickBooks Online.
Let’s Review If Quickbooks Online Might Be A Good Fit For You:
- You want to work on the go
- You run a service-based business
- You have a business with light inventory needs
- You are comfortable working online
Your business has one or more locations
- You are looking for zero maintenance – no software to install, no backups to maintain, no IT infrastructure
- You want to access with your IPhone, IPad, Android, or other mobile device like a tablet
When Is Quickbooks Online Not Right For Your Business?
QuickBooks Online is an excellent product, but it’s not right for every business. In some cases, you may need to integrate another software application to do what QuickBooks Online cannot. In other cases, you may need to use a desktop version of QuickBooks. QuickBooks Online may not be right for if you fall into one of the categories below:
Businesses such as:
- Companies with very robust inventory needs
- Companies that need detailed job costing
- Companies that need to set up detailed user permissions
- Companies that need custom reporting capabilities
- Companies that need integration with QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Companies that need to do progress invoicing or the ability to receive partial purchase orders
QuickBooks Online offers a trial period and even a sample company if you are interested in seeing how it will work for you.
Important Note: You can easily convert from QuickBooks Desktop TO QuickBooks Online, but you will have problems converting from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop, it is not recommended.